Our "Scrappy" Friends!

Welcome!

Hello fellow scrapbookers!!! Welcome to "Lasting Memories" which is all about LAYOUTS!! Yes, JUST layouts! There are no cards allowed here. We have weekly themed challenges, but you have the whole month to get in on the fun! Our challenges begin each Sunday at 8am EST and all 4 challenges will end on the date listed on the sidebar at 6pm EST. At month's end, we will choose a GDT to join us for a month! Only one entry per challenge, and no back-linking is allowed since we would love to know that we "challenged" you. We look forward to challenging you and helping you get your pages completed!

Specialized Hosting Sites

A lot of crafters use specialized hosting sites that not all of us have access to. We just wanted to let you know that if we don't comment, it's because we don't have access - but we see your work here at LM and appreciate your taking the time to link up and show off your style!!

Thursday, May 8, 2014

May GDT

Good Morning!!!
Help us welcome our May Guest Designer
JANE HOWDEN


 Hello there,  I’m really thrilled to be playing along with Lasting Memories as guest designer this month.  I'm Jane, a SAHM to two wonderful children and live just north of Sydney, Australia. 
I have been scrapping now for more than ten years using scrapbooking as both a creative outlet and also a way to preserve my family’s precious memories. Like most crafters, what started out as a simple creative hobby has become somewhat of a major obsession. I scrap using both traditional paper and digital methods, mixing my pages equally amongst these two styles. 
I have my fingers firmly in a lot of scrapping pies and I like to keep up to date with products and techniques, searching the web and magazines for upcoming trends and changes within the industry. My personal layout style has evolved over the years because of this and I happily undertake a mix of varied styles but I do tend to lean towards a clean, relatively simple look with heavy emphasis on white space. I like to create layouts based not only on the lives of my children but on our “everyday” as well.
You can find me and more of my work on http://scrappiecesofme.blogspot.com.au - please pop by and say Hi.
This is Jane's "Make your own Background' LO

 I’ve used a stencil and glimmer mist to create my background – it really is a quick and easy way to make a setting for your work.  Oh and just in case you are scratching your head over my title – yep we call diapers “nappies” in Australia.

3 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

This is really pretty! Neat idea and welcome to the team this month! Thanks for joining us :)

Denise Pustelniak said...

Hi Jane, love your LO's and thank-you for joining us this month!

KarenB said...

Welcome Jane!

Related Posts with Thumbnails